We will meet either at your home or virtually. This assessment meeting will help you understand the actual preliminary costs of your project, the challenges, timing, and how our design/planning process works. Have your questions ready, and send us pictures and any other inspirational materials prior to our meeting. This is important to discuss objectives regarding your style, and floor plans.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Design-Build Process explained.
- Go over inspirational ideas and styles.
- MUST HAVES – Have to be included.
- WANTS-Medium Priority.
- WOULDN’T IT BE NICE – Would like, but can live without.
- Discuss Budget. We need a realistic starting point. A Target BUDGET RANGE tells you what is feasible, and how ambitious you can afford to be.
- Explain factors that affect the price of the project.
Contact Us and pick up times for a meeting that will work for you. We will get back with details for your free assessment. Very Important and Critical that all the decision makers are present at meeting.
DESIGN RETAINER AGREEMENT AND DEPOSIT
It starts the entire process by compensating the contractor for the amount of time, and resources needed to accomplish working drawing, estimating, selections, specifications and final fixed price proposal.
INITIAL MEETING (Architect, Selections Coordinator)
- Take measurements.
- Listen to owners priorities review objectives (Must Haves - Wants - Wouldn’t it be nice)
- Style, and Quality.
- Opportunities for making changes to existing home.
- Introduce Team and Collaborators.
- Obtain copy of plat survey.
- Determine if customer needs to move out for the project to be built.
PRELIMINARY DESIGN PRESENTATION
- Present and review design options.
- Analyze and make changes to plans.
- Owner decides within a week or two on the best preliminary layout that fits their needs and wants.
- Site visit to inspect verify existing conditions, structural, Systems, etc.
START SELECTIONS AND ESTIMATING
- Site Visit with estimator, and trades.
- Selections coordinator start working with Owner.
- Get estimates from subcontractors and manufacturer’s vendors.
- Discuss if preliminary costs are in line with budget. The budget is controlled and kept throughout the process.
- Some allowances are set for products Owners want to consider.
- Refine Estimate as project design and decisions progress.
DETAILED CONSTRUCTION PLANS AND FINAL PROPOSAL
- Specifications (needed by subcontractors for accurate bidding).
- Final Estimate is accomplished with few or none allowances.
- Final PDF Selections Presentation is initialed and signed by Owner.
- Formal Final Proposal for a fixed priced contract is presented.
- Fixed Price Construction Contract is Signed .
- Formal Proposal signing.
- General Conditions.
BUILDING PERMIT PROCESS STARTS.
- Information needed to obtain permits and approvals.
- Working Drawings with structural details are stamped by E. Engineer when needed.
- Product specifications.
- Documents are submitted to the County or City Building department.
FINANCING (If Applicable)
- Loan Application .
- Loan Approval and Signing.
- Assign Project Manager.
- Meet with the owner to explain exactly what to expect.
- Complete Pre-construction Checklist.
- Review Schedule.
- Order Materials.
- Mobilization and Site Preparation.
- Project Execution
- Final Inspections.
- Pre- Completion Punch List Meeting. Walk Through - Pre
- Final Clean up.
- 2 Years Warranty Period starts at Project Completion.