The bathroom is the second-most remodeled room in the home. Aside from the kitchen, most homeowners say that an updated bathroom is the most important feature in their home. We fully understand the desire to maintain and update your home as styles change and you need a change of pace. Some of the most prevalent reasons to remodel the bathroom include:
- Lighting: Many bathrooms built or remodeled in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s have very poor lighting. Improved lighting in the bathroom may mean the addition of windows, a skylight or solar tube, or the addition of light fixtures.
- Flooring: Leaks and normal bathroom moisture can cause problems with the flooring. You may notice bowing or other types of water damage over time. Flooring replacement is very common in bathroom remodeling projects.
- Electrical Issues: The bathroom and kitchen have specific electrical needs in order to meet the national code for electrical safety. Any electrical source within a few feet of a water source is required to have a GFCI outlet. The GFCI, or ground fault circuit interrupter, shuts off power to the outlet if it detects water or contact with a person. They’re in place to protect you from electric shock.
- New Appliances and Fixtures: Today’s new toilets, sinks, shower heads, and faucets reduce water consumption. Many homeowners are focused on remodeling for the purpose of reducing their carbon footprint and making their home more sustainable with fewer natural resources. New bathroom appliances and fixtures go a long way in achieving that goal.
- More Space: Increase space in the bathroom by borrowing from an adjoining room or building a bump-out addition. A bump-out addition requires the removal of an outer wall, extension of the bathroom by up to three feet, and then rebuilding the previously-removed wall. Adding square footage to your bathroom is often much easier than you think.
- ADA Compliance: Many homeowners are focusing on the future during the bathroom remodeling process. They want to ensure that ADA rules are followed in case they or a loved one become impaired. Homeowners in their 40s and 50s are looking at ADA compliance as a way to remain in the home and live independently for another 30 to 40 years.
Bathroom remodeling is different for every homeowner. Allow us to show you how we can remodel your bathroom to meet your individual needs. We don’t focus on what’s popular, we focus on what you want.
We don’t simply take your bathroom remodeling ideas and run with them; we pull you into the entire design process. We offer a full-service approach to all of our projects including bathroom remodeling. You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with our design team as we design your new bathroom.
Silva Construction Group, a premium home improvement firm, was launched in 2010 by Harol Silva following decades of experience in the construction industry. Based in Alexandria, Virginia, the firm’s skillset and wealth of home remodeling and design-build experience have earned it a strong reputation.
The success of Silva Construction Group is based on Harol and Andreina’s hard work and commitment to always operating with a foundation of unwavering ethics and quality workmanship. From beautiful kitchens, bathrooms, decks, and additions to complete home remodels, Silva Construction Group will guide you through the process from start to finish with the highest level of service.